Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Experimenting with foil

Yesterday I told you I have been experimenting with aluminum foil for backgrounds. I find this totally fascinating and I love the look of it.

Here is the background that I was making and used in one of my cards.


And here are a few others in various stages of completion.


How I did this (for anyone who wants to try it) I glued a doubled layer of aluminum foil to my index card. I didn't worry too much if it was stuck down real good because I took the overlalp and folded it over to the back of the card. Which side faces out doesn't really matter. Next I put the foil covered index card inside an embossing folder (the link will take you to a site that will show you what they are) and then I ran it through my cuttlebug machine to get the texture. Next I covered the entire thing with black paint and before it dried started removing some of it. I took a blank card, layed it on top and pressed. This removed paint from the foil and transferred the design to the blank card. When the black paint was dry I added various shades of metallic paint. I would paint, dab some off, paint more, dab some off until it looked just right.

You'll see these backgrounds coming up in cards real soon

11 comments:

Duni said...

So fun! I'd love to own an embossing tool :)

Connie said...

Good Morning Ann, your backgrounds are wonderful . . . very steampunky. What a cool machine.

Out on the prairie said...

A friend makes clock faces with prints on foil

MadSnapper said...

you made your own stamp. these are really cool, i like them just as they are. they would make textures to... good job

Sandee said...

This looks like great fun. Doing something a bit different spices things up. I'll await the finished cards.

Have a fabulous day. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Marie said...

you have so much fun! you make the coolest creations! you make me want to start scrapbooking. :)

Donna said...

Didn't understand a thing you said but I LOVE the finished product!!
hughugs

Christine said...

Awesome! I LOVE the keys and cogs designs!

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

How cool is that process! I also have to say I love the little quips you put on your cards - they are priceless!

Lin said...

Amazing the tools they come up with. Even more amazing are these designs! LOVE them!

Unknown said...

That is so cool! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails