Sunday, October 11, 2015

A crafty moment and an index card

I had a wee bit of a crafty moment yesterday. I've seen these wine glass pumpkins all over the internet and after reading a tutorial on Debbiedoos for how she did hers I thought I would give it a try.
I never would have thought to paint this with what she used and I was amazed at how it ended up looking.

You start by applying a layer of gesso to the glass. When it's dry you paint over it with Rit Dye. I bought the liquid kind and poured a little in a plastic cup and then painted the glass. After that was dry I covered it with a layer of mod podge to seal it. Then to finish it of I wrapped jute twin around the stem of the glass and then tied on a little scrap of homespun fabric.

Now for today's index card


Then I did a little edit on it to give it a different look

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You must travel in a different part of cyberspace than I usually do. For I do not recall ever seeing a wine glass pumpkin before.

Deb said...

Rit dye? I never would have thought to use that either. Great pumpkin votive holder (see what I did there?!) and cute index card!

Jen said...

Love the pumpkin - what a clever idea!

MadSnapper said...

he he he I am scarying on home... great idea on the pumpkin paint.

Out on the prairie said...

Never saw the wine pumpkin, I like it. I got 2 more pumpkins yesterday, a green one and a white.

Marg said...

Now that is a great pumpkin. I might even get a pumpkin so I can put a wine glass on it.Love the cards. Have a great day.

Lin said...

My daughter has a roommate who decorates wine bottles and then displays them ALL OVER their tiny apartment. They are horrible and she is not skilled or talented in any fashion. The pumpkin is cute though.

Tanya. said...

I love the pumpkin glass Ann...I never would have thought to do anything like that!!

Grace said...

I'm on the fence with these - but they are clever and crafty. Since I have not a creative crafty bone in my body I still do admire yours.

Dr Sonia S V said...

wow you are on a crafty roll...loved the wine glass and the cute ghosts
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Reeni said...

Love the wine glass! And the card too! Your edit makes it look much scarier. Have a good week! :)

Patricia @ CorninmyCoffee-pot said...

Oh cute!
My daughter makes these wine glasses... For all seasons! I'm going to screen shot this and send it to her! I bet she makes them with my grand daughter!
Cute card -- the edits... Did you make those in a photo editor or do you mean by hand?
It's quite different. Both like able!

Marie said...

you're one creative gal!! very cute!

Rose said...

The wineglass pumpkin is so cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails