Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Put me in coach

I don't know if I'm really ready to play yet but I do believe it's time I get my head back in the game and give it a try. After all, there's only so much pity one can show for oneself before it's starts to become pathetic.

I've slowed way down on the index cards and I haven't changed the one hanging at work for several days. I think it's about time I put up a new one.


I did the background for this one with crayons. I started by using two different colors and I thought after coloring the background I could use my heat tool to sort of blend the two colors together. That didn't work so well BUT while the card was still warm I ran the crayons back over it and it melted them for a deeper shade. Then I ran a comb through the hot wax for a bit of texture. Only problem I found was that it was more difficult to glue on the words and picture. It didn't want to stay stuck down too well.

Monday I spent the majority of the day working on some of my mixed media projects for my March craft. I didn't get a ton done but at least something was accomplished. I tend to over think things too much instead of just going with the flow and letting it happen. That always slows me down.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Why not hold your project until after the first and then you'll be ahead of schedule?

MadSnapper said...

Oh girl, I am the QUEEN of overthinking.... I like the crayon texture and what a cool idea to heat the crayons.. wonder if microwave would work..

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is cool Ann...and love the image
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sandee said...

I love this index card and I've learned a lot about me too. It's amazing isn't it.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

Yes but you think such creative thoughts. I have creative thought envy!

Hootin Anni said...

I like the concept of using a comb to 'run through the hot wax'....ingenious.

Grace said...

No, no - if it was up to me I would definitely put you in 1st class...(this has been nagging at me all day...)

BeadedTail said...

I like how that turned out! I overthink things too so I totally get that. So, what rumors? LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails