Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Someone asked

Where I get all my ideas from for my plaques. I can't remember who asked the question and I'm too lazy to look it up but I will answer.

I do a lot of searching.

I search Pinterest. If I have no particular theme in mind I just do a general search for mixed media ideas. If I don't like the results I may change the wording up a bit.


I also do google searches the same way and look at the image results

If I see something that catches my eye I think about how I could copy the idea. Sometimes I have a specific theme in mind so I'll use that word in my search such as coffee or birds.

I wish I could say that everything I do is my own original ideas but that just isn't the case.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

It is not good to not give Gibbs the credit he is due. I am sorry for being away so song. I am now around 2/3 done with the processing for the new directory and am starting to see some light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Anything we can use can be a good inspiration for an idea. I exclusively use the internet if I need to identify an animal or something else related to that.

Duni said...

I usually find inspiration on Pinterest and in magazines. And recently on instagram too!

MadSnapper said...

you know i am the google queen and i love that we can all get inspired by what we find on WWW.... i find jokes and quotes by searching for what my subject matter is, i find them on FB to. and in others blogs, i have been known to borrow from a fellow blogger quotes.

Out on the prairie said...

What you find mirrors you and your humor.

Jeanette said...

I love them no matter they are original or not!

Sandee said...

I would do the same thing if I were crafty. You have to get ideas from somewhere and I'm guessing the ideas you get they got theirs the same way.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and my very best to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

First, you have to have the imagination and desire to do these things in the first place!

Lin said...

I think Grace is right...it begins with you. Oh sure, you can find inspiration and ideas, but successfully creating the things you do takes a lot of talent!

Reeni said...

LOVE Pinterest! It's great for finding quotes too!

handmade by amalia said...

Pinterest is my go-to place for inspiration as well. I love it.
Amalia
xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails