Sunday, August 21, 2016

A visit

Saturday morning I headed out to do my weekly errands. It was a beautiful morning as I headed down the road. As I approached the cemetery where my dad is buried I stopped in the middle of the road (since no other cars were around) and took a picture looking up the hill.

This is a rather small cemetery and the section in the front by the road is pretty old. I've never walked through to see just how old some of those headstones are but you can tell by looking at them that they're quite old.

Since it's been a while since I've stopped and I wasn't in any big hurry I pulled in and drove up to the back of the second section.  The back side of the headstone has his last name on it so it makes it easy to spot from the road.



 I've always liked the view from here.

14 comments:

marie said...

That is a nice view Ann! I also really like the first photo...there's something about a cemetery. Kind of peaceful and serene I think.

MadSnapper said...

beautiful view from the car and also from where you were standing. there is a peaceful aura in cemeteries that I like. beautiful head stone to., my parents are buried in one that is perpetual care and the headstones have to be flat in the ground so they can mow over them. it is beautiful but not like this is.

Out on the prairie said...

Looks like your dad was a pilot. Mine was too.

Sandee said...

A very nice view indeed Ann. I'm glad you stopped to say hello. I need to do that too.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and tons of scritches for Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Jeanette said...

Yes, that is a beautiful view.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is very pretty and sad. Was he a flyer?

BeadedTail said...

It is a lovely view. Glad you were able to visit his grave on such a beautiful day. Hugs to you.

Chelsey said...

Lovely view. A lovely place for him to be laid to rest.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Lovely view and beautiful photos. So sweet you took the opportunity to stop and enjoy.

Hootin Anni said...

Gorgeous, humbling, sad, and a great post!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great view and looks SO peaceful... I love to visit old cemeteries and look at the gravestones... There are a lot of old stones in Cades Cove.... Back then, many babies died in infancy--and it's always sad to see their little grave markers.

Hugs,
Betsy

Deb said...

What a beautiful spot to visit with your Dad, thanks for sharing it Ann. Deb xo

Reeni said...

That is a great view! Love the first pic too!

Joyce said...

Your first photo includes the graves of my youngest sister, Mary Jo, and the two oldest Bender babies. I was just out there before I went to NJ. Those are some "verdant pastures".

Related Posts with Thumbnails