Thursday, January 4, 2018

Posting

The other day, Grace wrote about posting every day this year. That has been my goal for several years but somehow I always fall a little short.

From the beginning of this blog
2008 - 50
2009 - 249
2010 - 354
2011 - 349
2012 - 352
2013 - 293
2014 - 245
2015 - 351
2016 - 305
2017 - 350

So you see I have come close. And why do I make an effort to post that often? Aren't I just putting undo pressure on myself? No, I don't think I am. I think I'm challenging myself to think of something worth sharing. Granted the something I share isn't always real interesting. I'll be the first to admit that some of my posts have been pretty lame. But they force me to think. They force me to use the part of my brain that would otherwise turn to mush staring at a tv.

Grace is going to try and post something thoughtful. I don't plan on aiming that high. I'm just going to try and put something out there even if it's just a post that says I can't think of anything today, I'll try harder tomorrow.


Maybe I'll even create a happy memory or two along the way.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, you posted just about every day last year! Also, we cannot post when we are sick or on a trip. I really don't know how you do it along with a full time job!

Grace said...

I think I amended that to include kitty pics, and other ephemera because being thoughtful every day is hard! I knew that as soon as it came out of my mouth (keyboard). And 4 days in I kinda rue saying it outloud but on the other hand, as you say, it does make you think, and write, and create. So yes, it's a challenge but a good challenge but no fault on the days we don't succeed. Being kind to other people is a good thing, being kind to ourselves is just as important.

bichonpawz said...

I think you do an awesome job as it is Ann! I try to post every day, but the holidays got the best of me...along with some personal challenges. I will continue to try...that's all we can do! Happy New Year!

MadSnapper said...

first things first, how did you come up with the stats? did you sit and count each one? i don't see anything that shows by the year. quick, i want to know how many i did. I love your blog and every day i look forward to SEEING you and TALKING to you.. i count you as my friend in the frozen north. waiting to hear HOW YOU DID THIS

Out on the prairie said...

I would be lost trying to stay up with it

Duni said...

You and I started blogging in the same year! I admire your consistency!

Sandee said...

I'm down to three posts a week. I'm liking it too. I don't post on the weekends anymore and that's ever so nice when we're boating. I don't do much that is thoughtful. I don't care either.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Lin said...

I tried that once, but my posts just ended up really lame. I wish you better luck than me!

Pam said...

With all you creative you are always creative memories! You can do it Ann.....A couple years ago I shot for doing a project a day. If it was a simple one I got it done in one day if it was more than I made it a point to work on that one thing everyday. That lasted a month I think! Haha....it is not worth putting the pressure on myself. I do love blogging, love my new friends in blogland, showing off my creative side....so I blog daily but that is cause I want too not cause I have told myself I have too.....do what works for you.

MadSnapper said...

I will be Hornswoggle there is the archived thing I used to have that and I think I must have deleted everything so I think I'm going to go add one to my next step that I shut my desktop down it and I can't do it on this silly tablet that I'm talking to. If I remember I'll do it tomorrow because I want to know how many for my post

Sharkbytes said...

Whether you make every day or not, you've certainly been a regular, and your posts make me smile.

Reeni said...

That's a lot of posts! Something to be proud of!

Related Posts with Thumbnails